Bonnie's Pride and Joy

Fansite with ALL the news about Bonnie !

Bonnie Raitt Previews New Album With ‘Made Up Mind’
Raitt self-produced the album, which is set for release in April

on February 25, 2022 No comments
By Emily Zemler

Bonnie Raitt will release a new album, Just Like That…, April 22 via Redwing. The musician has unveiled the LP’s first single: a bluesy, self-produced song titled “Made Up Mind.”

Raitt recorded Just Like That… in Sausalito, Calif. last summer. The musician produced it herself alongside mixing engineer Ryan Freeland. She tapped a collection of musicians for the songs: bassist James “Hutch” Hutchinson, drummer Ricky Fataar, keyboardist and backing vocalist Glenn Patscha, and guitarist Kenny Greenberg.

“On this record, I wanted to stretch,” Raitt said in a statement. “I always want to find songs that excite me, and what’s different this time is that I’ve tried some styles and topics I haven’t touched on before.”

She added, “I’m really aware of how lucky I am and I feel like it’s my responsibility to get out there and say something fresh and new—for me and for the fans. But I need to have something to say or I won’t put out a record.”

Last year, Raitt announced her Just Like That tour, which runs from April through the summer. Special guests Lucinda Williams and Mavis Staples will join on select dates. Tickets for the tour are on sale now.

Just Like That… follows Raitt’s 2016 album, Dig in Deep. She and Freeland won a Grammy for Best Americana Album in 2013 for their work on her 2012 effort, Slipstream

In 2016, Raitt told Rolling Stone that she enjoys releasing music on her own terms. “My end of the music business doesn’t rely so much on looks,” she said. “It allows you to age more gracefully than the mainstream pop stars that are total babes. People are snarkier about them getting older. It’s just terrible. So I’m actually relieved that I’m in the character actress end of the world, where I can just get more seasoned and people go, ‘Oh, well, look how mythical she’s become!’”

Source: © Copyright Rolling Stone
More sources: Shore Fire Media, Guitar Girl Magazine and NPR Music – Ann Powers

0 0 votes
Article Rating

Related Posts

Take a look at these posts
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Cover for Bonnie's Pride and Joy
Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
1 month ago
Eric Brand

Bonnie Raitt: ‘Just Like That,’ Albums That Shaped Her, and Embracing Uncertainty | Apple Music ... See MoreSee Less

Video image

Comment on Facebook

1 month ago
Eric Brand

Congratulations to Bonnie Raitt on her Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award 2021 !! ... See MoreSee Less

Video image

Comment on Facebook

1 month ago
Eric Brand

Bonnie Raitt – Made Up Mind ... See MoreSee Less

Video image

Comment on Facebook

1 month ago
Eric Brand

Congratulations to Blues Hall of Famer Bonnie Raitt who was honored at last night's GRAMMYs with the Lifetime Achievement Award.

“To be validated by my peers… it’s a very big celebration and I’m very grateful.” On being an inspiration and influence to other musicians, like Sheryl Crow who was inspired to play guitar after hearing Raitt play for the first time, she says “it’s hard for me to imagine because I still feel like I’m just starting out. It’s been 50 years, but you know people have been really kind. So many more women are playing lead guitar - Prince’s band, Beyonce’s band, all the late-night bands who have women musicians. It’s fantastic.”
... See MoreSee Less

2 months ago
Eric Brand

Bonnie Raitt ... See MoreSee Less

Video image

Comment on Facebook

Bonnie will be a presenter at THE 64TH ANNUAL GRAMMY AWARDS® this Sunday, April 3rd! Catch the broadcast live at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on the CBS Television Network or stream live and on demand on Paramount+. Tune in to Music's Biggest Night®! ... See MoreSee Less

Bonnie will be a presenter at THE 64TH ANNUAL GRAMMY AWARDS® this Sunday, April 3rd! Catch the broadcast live at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on the CBS Television Network or stream live and on demand on Paramount+. Tune in to Musics Biggest Night®!
2 months ago
Eric Brand

Photos from Bonnie Raitt's post ... See MoreSee Less

Image attachment
2 months ago
Eric Brand

New and exclusive Bonnie Raitt merch is now available for Fan Community members at bonnieraitt.com/members! You can access this shirt, along with other totes and sizes by logging into the member portal and heading to “Exclusive Merch.” The Fan Community is free and open for all to join. Check out the brand new, exclusive merchandise today! - BRHQ ... See MoreSee Less

2 months ago
Eric Brand

We celebrate Women of the Blues every day! Season 1 of our Blues Foundation podcast features Blues Hall of Fame trailblazers Ma Rainey (ep. 22), Bessie Smith (ep. 24), Memphis Minnie (ep. 08), Alberta Hunter (ep. 02), and Dinah Washington (ep. 26).

🎶 Tune in here: bit.ly/bhofpodcast