Bonnie's Pride and Joy

Fansite with ALL the news about Bonnie !

Bonnie Raitt Shows Off Her Slide Guitar Chops in New ‘Made Up Mind’ Video

Bonnie Raitt Shows Off Her Slide Guitar Chops in New ‘Made Up Mind’ Video
Cover of the Bros. Landreth song appears on the singer-songwriter’s latest album, Just Like That…

on April 27, 2022 No comments
By Jon Blistein
{{svg_quality_icon}}
{{quality-options}}

Bonnie Raitt shows off her ever-incredible slide guitar skills in the new video for her rendition of the Bros. Landreth’s song, “Made Up Mind.”

Raitt and her band recorded the video for the song in Los Angeles, with the singer-songwriter telling Rolling Stone that they opted for a simple, live setup because “[w]e wanted to capture the vibe of the full band performing because ultimately we couldn’t wait to get out on tour and play this song live.”

“Made Up Mind” appears on Raitt’s new album, Just Like That…, which was released Friday, April 22. The record includes four new songs by Raitt, as well as a handful of tracks she’d been eager to record for a while, including Toots and the Maytals’ “Love So Strong,” “Something’s Got a Hold of My Heart” by NRBQ’s Al Anderson, and “Made Up Mind.”

“I knew I had to cut ‘Made Up Mind’ the first time I heard it on the Bros. Landreth’s Juno award-winning album, Let it Lie,” Raitt says. “It has my favorite combo of soulful groove, strong melody and lyrics, and, what I love the most, Joey’s killer blues guitar. My band and I couldn’t wait to do our own take and I’m really happy with how it turned out.”

She adds: “I met the Bros. Landreth after being knocked out by their opening set at the Winnipeg Folk Festival in 2014. Reminded me of Little Feat and the Band — great songs, singing, and killer playing. And our hope was the music video could capture some of that same spirit.”

Rait will return to the road next month in support of Just Like That…, and she has dates scheduled all the way through November. Raitt will receive support from Lucinda Williams, Mavis Staples, and Marc Cohn on select dates.

Source: © Copyright Rolling Stone

0 0 votes
Article Rating

Related Posts

Take a look at these posts
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Cover for Bonnie's Pride and Joy
Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
1 month ago
Eric Brand

Bonnie Raitt: ‘Just Like That,’ Albums That Shaped Her, and Embracing Uncertainty | Apple Music ... See MoreSee Less

Video image

Comment on Facebook

1 month ago
Eric Brand

Congratulations to Bonnie Raitt on her Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award 2021 !! ... See MoreSee Less

Video image

Comment on Facebook

1 month ago
Eric Brand

Bonnie Raitt – Made Up Mind ... See MoreSee Less

Video image

Comment on Facebook

1 month ago
Eric Brand

Congratulations to Blues Hall of Famer Bonnie Raitt who was honored at last night's GRAMMYs with the Lifetime Achievement Award.

“To be validated by my peers… it’s a very big celebration and I’m very grateful.” On being an inspiration and influence to other musicians, like Sheryl Crow who was inspired to play guitar after hearing Raitt play for the first time, she says “it’s hard for me to imagine because I still feel like I’m just starting out. It’s been 50 years, but you know people have been really kind. So many more women are playing lead guitar - Prince’s band, Beyonce’s band, all the late-night bands who have women musicians. It’s fantastic.”
... See MoreSee Less

2 months ago
Eric Brand

Bonnie Raitt ... See MoreSee Less

Video image

Comment on Facebook

Bonnie will be a presenter at THE 64TH ANNUAL GRAMMY AWARDS® this Sunday, April 3rd! Catch the broadcast live at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on the CBS Television Network or stream live and on demand on Paramount+. Tune in to Music's Biggest Night®! ... See MoreSee Less

Bonnie will be a presenter at THE 64TH ANNUAL GRAMMY AWARDS® this Sunday, April 3rd! Catch the broadcast live at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on the CBS Television Network or stream live and on demand on Paramount+. Tune in to Musics Biggest Night®!
2 months ago
Eric Brand

Photos from Bonnie Raitt's post ... See MoreSee Less

Image attachment
2 months ago
Eric Brand

New and exclusive Bonnie Raitt merch is now available for Fan Community members at bonnieraitt.com/members! You can access this shirt, along with other totes and sizes by logging into the member portal and heading to “Exclusive Merch.” The Fan Community is free and open for all to join. Check out the brand new, exclusive merchandise today! - BRHQ ... See MoreSee Less

2 months ago
Eric Brand

We celebrate Women of the Blues every day! Season 1 of our Blues Foundation podcast features Blues Hall of Fame trailblazers Ma Rainey (ep. 22), Bessie Smith (ep. 24), Memphis Minnie (ep. 08), Alberta Hunter (ep. 02), and Dinah Washington (ep. 26).

🎶 Tune in here: bit.ly/bhofpodcast